Sunday, January 08, 2006

Salsa Bolognese!

I've cooked meat sauce for tonight's pasta. I've get used to cook this meat sauce. and I sometimes make it. Especially, in winter. You can make lasagna with it.




The ingredient are ground meat(about 400g), can of tomato(800g), a cup of red wine, a stick of celery, minced onion, shredded carrot, olive oil, salt and mix pepper(Because I just have some left yet..)


make soffritto. it is that onion, carrot, and celery are chopped over a low flame.




add the meat, it was sprinkled salt and pepper before, and give them a good roast. Do not touch so many times. just good roast like grilling a steak.


after that, pour a cup of red wine(about 200 or 300ml), and boil down untill no more the liquid of wine. Then pour the tomato.


simmer it for 20 or 30 minutes. it's finished! All you can do now just pour the sauce on the pasta and shovel in! Enjoy it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good - we often do the same for spaghetti-bolognese.
I hope you enjoyed it! It's also interesting with some garlic.

hikalu said...

iris>
I've enjoyed it indeed. :)
some garlic is possible. it will be nice too.
I definitely use garlic when I make tomato sauce!

Unknown said...

Garlic is a wonderful thing. Unless you're a vampire. Then I suggest paprika.

hikalu said...

ryan>
Fortunately, I'm not a vampire, thanks. I like paprika too. Especially , I like girilled and marinated paprikas.

Anonymous said...

we hear terrible news from Japon - hope, you're not freezing - take a hot wine to struggle against the cold!

hikalu said...

iris>
The new about freezing? Fortunately Yokohama is not so freezed like the snowy region. but the The resions, like Nagano and Nagasaki, have been hitting by the heaviest snow in past 50 years. I think the northern country like Cina and Korea might be hit by the same kind of accident too. Unusual weather here or there..

Unknown said...

And Canada is warm. Still over zero. Last year at this time it was about minus 40 with the windchill. Go figure.

hikalu said...

ryan>
Go figure. It's bizarre.. The earth get an imbalance..